384.162 SoC, Advanced Course
This course is in all assigned curricula part of the STEOP.
This course is in at least 1 assigned curriculum part of the STEOP.

2018W, PR, 6.0h, 9.0EC

Properties

  • Semester hours: 6.0
  • Credits: 9.0
  • Type: PR Project

Aim of course

By the end of this course, as a successful student, you will be able to:

- List the design requirements for a specific application.

- Prioritize the design requirements based on the design objectives.

- Explore compromise space of a design and justify your choice(s).

- Optimize your design.

- Complete the process for a complex design from objectives, all the way to FPGA implementation.

Subject of course

The course project is mainly based on topics given out, which are announced in Information Session on Oct/3rd, and here (please visit Communication, Documents). Design objectives and extra information are to be discussed with respective supervisor. 

For questions and answers, and further information please attend the info session.

Additional information

This course is part of the Embedded Systems Master Programme, and there specifically of the SoC Track. The Institute of Computer Technology also offers other relevant courses

Lecturers

Institute

Course dates

DayTimeDateLocationDescription
Wed11:00 - 12:0003.10.2018Seminarraum 384 Info Session

Examination modalities

  • Report: You need to write a scientific report between 10 to 20 pages following IEEE format, justifying and explaining your work in a scientifically sound manner.
  • Marks: 25% of your final mark is your grade for the report and the other 75% is based on the evaluation of your implementation, your progress during the project, and the successful demonstration of the final implementation meeting the requirements.

Course registration

Not necessary

Curricula

Study CodeSemesterPrecon.Info
066 504 Master programme Embedded Systems

Literature

No lecture notes are available.

Previous knowledge

You need to be familiar with Systems-on-Chip concepts, design, and architectures.

You need to have a good working knowledge of a hardware description language (e.g. VHDL).

Working knowledge about some other high-level system design tools can be very helpful as well.

 

Accompanying courses

Language

English