186.139 Computer Animation
This course is in all assigned curricula part of the STEOP.
This course is in at least 1 assigned curriculum part of the STEOP.

2020S, VU, 2.0h, 3.0EC
TUWEL

Properties

  • Semester hours: 2.0
  • Credits: 3.0
  • Type: VU Lecture and Exercise

Learning outcomes

After successful completion of the course, students are able to understand important techniques of computer animation from an algorithmic as well as technical point of view. The aim of the course is to impart knowledge about the current state of computer animation via lectures and the implementation of some examples.

Subject of course

The lecture is composed of classroom sessions and lab exercises. The course will closely follow the underlying textbook "Computer Animation: Algorithms and Techniques (Third Edition), Rick Parent, 2012" and the lab exercises will train the students how to implement the basic computer animation techniques. There will nine classroom lectures in total and four lab assignments that are to be completed in form of a home work or in the dedicated lab of the Institute 186.

E-book: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780124158429

Teaching methods

The lecture is composed of classroom sessions and lab exercises. The course will closely follow the underlying textbook "Computer Animation: Algorithms and Techniques (Third Edition), Rick Parent, 2012" and the lab exercises will train the students how to implement the basic computer animation techniques. There will nine classroom lectures in total and four lab assignments that are to be completed in form of a home work or in the dedicated lab of the Institute 186.

E-book: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780124158429

Mode of examination

Oral

Additional information

ECTS Breakdown: 3 ECTS = 75 hours (estimate, recommendation)

  • lecture: 18 hours
  • exam preparation: 35 hours
  • practical example: 22 hours

Lecturers

Institute

Course dates

DayTimeDateLocationDescription
Thu11:00 - 13:0012.03.2020Seminarraum FAV 05 (Seminarraum 186) Computer Animation Lecture

Examination modalities

The course will be examined as an oral exam where the student can achieve up to 70% score of the final grade. The rest of 30% will be gained through hand-in of the lab exercises. Each of the four exercises is mandatory to hand-in, even one missing will result in a negative overall grade even if the points would sum up to a non-negative grade.

Course registration

Begin End Deregistration end
19.02.2020 00:00 04.04.2020 00:00

Curricula

Literature

No lecture notes are available.

Preceding courses

Miscellaneous

Language

English